MattInOz
Sep 29, 01:21 AM
Does Stevey know feng shui?
Clearly not there is nothing to stop the evil spirits flying in when you open the front door.
Clearly not there is nothing to stop the evil spirits flying in when you open the front door.

Burgess07
Apr 29, 02:35 PM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=283485
Damn :(
Damn :(
arn
Apr 21, 09:51 PM
I don't see the ability to vote down posts ending well. I think that a "Thanks" system would be much, much better.
So same system but without the down vote button at all?
arn
So same system but without the down vote button at all?
arn
Popeye206
Jan 15, 04:09 PM
... The iPhone is a great piece of kit, but this software update is a great disappointment. Generally I know where I am, so the psuedo GPS thing is something I can't see myself using (and to be honest if I didn't know where I was, then I'm pretty damn sure that there wouldn't be any O2 coverage anyway!).
Not to be a pain, but the phuedo GPS is like the coolest thing for people like me that travel... now I'll be able to find myself with one click. I love that feature!
What I thought was missing was Multiple Delete for email and copy and paste. I really wished they we're in this update... the rest I'm very happy about! Besides... this is the only phone I've ever had that has any upgrades! That alone is cool! My iPhone just keeps getting better! :-)
Not to be a pain, but the phuedo GPS is like the coolest thing for people like me that travel... now I'll be able to find myself with one click. I love that feature!
What I thought was missing was Multiple Delete for email and copy and paste. I really wished they we're in this update... the rest I'm very happy about! Besides... this is the only phone I've ever had that has any upgrades! That alone is cool! My iPhone just keeps getting better! :-)

martymcr
Nov 27, 06:01 AM
It says it's a "shopping event" (http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/shopping/?CDM-EU-0994) though, not a sale.
It's hard to decide from the ad whether it means special prices or not - I'm about to order a Macbook and can't decide if it's worth waiting!!
It's hard to decide from the ad whether it means special prices or not - I'm about to order a Macbook and can't decide if it's worth waiting!!
jclardy
Apr 29, 04:05 PM
Good to know that Apple is willing to change.
The Expose/Spaces "slider" was one of the first things I noticed that seemed strange when I installed the preview.
The slider makes sense when you have at least 3 icons but with only 2 it is not immediately apparent. I think we have been conditioned to take a darker button as being shadowed and therefore selected.
And the scrollbars being always on seems to be a good decision as well. It is nice to know where you are in a document at a glance, and the scrollbar does that pretty well.
The Expose/Spaces "slider" was one of the first things I noticed that seemed strange when I installed the preview.
The slider makes sense when you have at least 3 icons but with only 2 it is not immediately apparent. I think we have been conditioned to take a darker button as being shadowed and therefore selected.
And the scrollbars being always on seems to be a good decision as well. It is nice to know where you are in a document at a glance, and the scrollbar does that pretty well.
kdarling
Oct 6, 11:35 PM
Seriously, what is it with verizon?! They didn't want they iphone b/c it came with features out the box that Apple wasn't going to cripple so verizon could charge their premiums for it..
Well if Verizon hadn't been so crazy to try to corn hole Apple over the features of the iPhone and cause Apple to walk from the discussions, it would be a nearly bankrupt AT&T with their nose pressed against the glass saying that the iPhone sucks...
You might want to read articles like this one (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/01/29/verizon_passed_on_exclusive_5_year_iphone_deal.html).
It was Apple that wanted extra control and money. And they didn't walk away for a very lonnng time. They spent a year, off and on, trying to get Verizon to agree to their terms.
There was no animosity. No fights. None of the fantasy drama you read about on fanboy sites.
Verizon almost certainly never even saw an iPhone. (Even ATT didn't until months later.) Perhaps if they had, things could've turned out differently.
Well if Verizon hadn't been so crazy to try to corn hole Apple over the features of the iPhone and cause Apple to walk from the discussions, it would be a nearly bankrupt AT&T with their nose pressed against the glass saying that the iPhone sucks...
You might want to read articles like this one (http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07/01/29/verizon_passed_on_exclusive_5_year_iphone_deal.html).
It was Apple that wanted extra control and money. And they didn't walk away for a very lonnng time. They spent a year, off and on, trying to get Verizon to agree to their terms.
There was no animosity. No fights. None of the fantasy drama you read about on fanboy sites.
Verizon almost certainly never even saw an iPhone. (Even ATT didn't until months later.) Perhaps if they had, things could've turned out differently.
tekker
May 4, 08:28 PM
Do you own a Horse instead of a car and do still own an out house?
How are styluses/pens/pencils outdated? Please answer, because I'd hate to be 'hundreds of years' behind the curve as you're putting it.
How are styluses/pens/pencils outdated? Please answer, because I'd hate to be 'hundreds of years' behind the curve as you're putting it.
hatersgonnahate
Apr 13, 04:40 PM
Sure thing.What made you choose the samson's over the swans?
usb connection.
ipod dock. and 3.5mm out.
the swans look a lot nicer though.:p
usb connection.
ipod dock. and 3.5mm out.
the swans look a lot nicer though.:p
Howmanoid
Apr 15, 10:30 PM
Apple's success is in large part driven by the ecosystem that they have built around iPod/iTunes/iPhone/iPad. Good luck to anyone breaking into that anytime soon. The day I can buy a song on Mac/PC, synch it to my Android phone, then stream it around my home to HiFi or TV then we will have a competitor. Apple knows it, the record companies and studios know it, someone needs to tell Google.
SciFrog
Apr 1, 12:31 PM
Congrats!
chrmjenkins
Dec 13, 12:33 PM
Not that I believe the rumor, but the phone being LTE only will simply mean that there's one version between the AT&T and verizon phones that supports CDMA and GSM networks. Instead, there will be a CDMA/LTE phone and a GSM 3G phone. Thus, AT&T's LTE network being infantile/non-existent throws a wrench in that.
That being said, I highly doubt an early 2011 verizon iphone. LTE, doubly so. If it's coming for Verizon, it will be unveiled/launch the same time as the AT&T iphone 5.
That being said, I highly doubt an early 2011 verizon iphone. LTE, doubly so. If it's coming for Verizon, it will be unveiled/launch the same time as the AT&T iphone 5.
jclardy
May 3, 09:30 PM
just getting started...iPad 3!
Or you know, the more obvious conclusion - iOS 5.
Or you know, the more obvious conclusion - iOS 5.
ezekielrage_99
Oct 11, 02:14 AM
Yeah, Apple isn't going to sit back and let Zune steal its lunch!
I am leaning towards a new iPod product before the end of the year for two reasons:
1) Zune is being release, Apple needs to steal the limelight here.
2) The last iPod update was a huge deal for the Nano and a non-event for the 5G iPod.
I am leaning towards a new iPod product before the end of the year for two reasons:
1) Zune is being release, Apple needs to steal the limelight here.
2) The last iPod update was a huge deal for the Nano and a non-event for the 5G iPod.

Evmanw
Apr 21, 12:11 PM
It is against forum rules to simply reply "+1": what on earth is the difference between that and clicking a button to say "+1"?
I never knew that... Oops I have done that once or twice (but only once or twice) just to say that I agree.
Could have been worse guys, they could have put in a Facebook "Like" button. :D
Yes, Facebook really needs a dislike button!!!!
P.S. (I finally figured out how to do multiple quotes in a post!) :rolleyes:
I never knew that... Oops I have done that once or twice (but only once or twice) just to say that I agree.
Could have been worse guys, they could have put in a Facebook "Like" button. :D
Yes, Facebook really needs a dislike button!!!!
P.S. (I finally figured out how to do multiple quotes in a post!) :rolleyes:
DeSnousa
May 16, 08:23 PM
nice! did you get your passkey?
Sure did, all 5 of my rigs have a passkey now.
Sure did, all 5 of my rigs have a passkey now.
trekkie604
Apr 12, 08:22 PM
New monitor: U2311H
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5615061018_009d1a415f_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/trekkie604/5615061018)
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5188/5615061018_009d1a415f_z.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/trekkie604/5615061018)
Nekbeth
Apr 27, 08:29 PM
I'm only posting my timer code balamw, you don't want to see the rest and even if you do, I wouldn't show it here. The only problem is the timer the rest works fine. You can check out my App tomorrow morning (Availability Date is 28 of April). Look for "Pastry Chef app"
How do you count your elapsed ? Again, NSTimer is simply an object inserted into the run loop. It has no conception of elapsed time beyond its own internal interval.
What methods are being called and by what ? What is the code to those methods ?
You have posted bit and pieces all over the thread, why not just post a readable, compilable example of everything you have that can help us reproduce or see your actual problem ?
Alright Knight, I'll show it all. Just please, if you see a problem that it's obvious to you, don't play or make trick questions, you can just explain it and I'll work it out.
How do you count your elapsed ? Again, NSTimer is simply an object inserted into the run loop. It has no conception of elapsed time beyond its own internal interval.
What methods are being called and by what ? What is the code to those methods ?
You have posted bit and pieces all over the thread, why not just post a readable, compilable example of everything you have that can help us reproduce or see your actual problem ?
Alright Knight, I'll show it all. Just please, if you see a problem that it's obvious to you, don't play or make trick questions, you can just explain it and I'll work it out.
iluomo
Apr 30, 12:09 PM
I noticed most of the criticism stems from the changes in iCal and Address Book which are both disgusting. Sadly they havent changed yet
I positively loathe the look of the "new" iCal and Address Book. It looks like a design from the mid 90's. I cannot comprehend how a company who goes for a clean, smooth, modern aesthetic could produce a faux leather interface and think that meshes with that aesthetic. This is something I would expect from Palm or Microsoft. But Apple? I'm amazed by how off the mark this is. :confused:
I positively loathe the look of the "new" iCal and Address Book. It looks like a design from the mid 90's. I cannot comprehend how a company who goes for a clean, smooth, modern aesthetic could produce a faux leather interface and think that meshes with that aesthetic. This is something I would expect from Palm or Microsoft. But Apple? I'm amazed by how off the mark this is. :confused:
Davowade
Apr 7, 01:15 AM
:eek: NICE!!! Man, I am green with jealous rage. Makes my 40D, kit lens, and 50 1.8 seem so, so pathetic.
Thanks. Sadly this all belongs to work, but it should team pretty well with my personal 550D.
Thanks. Sadly this all belongs to work, but it should team pretty well with my personal 550D.
rtdgoldfish
Mar 24, 12:44 AM
Does anyone out there know where Connect360 saves its log to?? I have the setting enabled for "Detailed Logging (Debug Mode)" turned on but I can't seem to find where it is located on my HD. This would really be helpful since I am not sitting at my laptop 24/7 waiting for this idiot to connect to my network.
Thanks!
Thanks!
gkarris
Jan 15, 04:14 PM
Happy for my :apple:TV.
I'm glad Apple has decided to return to the sub-note market - great job Apple!
I'm glad Apple has decided to return to the sub-note market - great job Apple!
Amazing Iceman
May 4, 08:54 AM
I guess people without children that do not fall under any of those careers can't like iPads :(
He forgot to include grandparents and people who live alone to the list of people who like (or would like) the iPad.
He forgot to include grandparents and people who live alone to the list of people who like (or would like) the iPad.
dethmaShine
Apr 29, 04:00 PM
iCal is awesome. Looks great; works great even in full screen mode.
The only issue is that in week view, the fonts are not properly anti-aliased.
I think Apple should have chosen Lucida Grande as a consistent font across the OS. iCal + Lucida Grande is much better than iCal + Helvetica which looks crap.
They need to get rid of Helvetica for Lion and other apps. PLEASE.
The only issue is that in week view, the fonts are not properly anti-aliased.
I think Apple should have chosen Lucida Grande as a consistent font across the OS. iCal + Lucida Grande is much better than iCal + Helvetica which looks crap.
They need to get rid of Helvetica for Lion and other apps. PLEASE.
0 comments:
Post a Comment